Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA in wikipedia (englisch/german)

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 09:48 +0100, Peter Baxendale wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 23:38 -0400, al davis wrote:
> > The development snapshot has problems with plugins on mingw.  It
> > compiles, but supposedly the plugins don't work.  I don't have
> > a machine to test it on, so if someone wants to help, I would
> > really appreciate it.  I think the fix should be simple,
> > possibly just figuring out what compiler options to use.
> >

> I'd be happy to help. Last time I tried a mingw build of geda and pcb I
> had very limited success

I'm playing with that again at the moment, I got pcb to work (not hard,
since the portability code was already there), and have compiled guile
(nearly), and identified a few minor points in libgeda which need fixup.

There are a few challenges though - mingw doesn't do "fork", so "popen"
in guile 1.6.x at least won't work without modifying for windows.

I'll keep people updated to the progress.

PS: Don't expect this to work, or for me to release .exe file of new
gEDA releases.. If by some miracle it works, I'll be happy to post the
files - but they'll come with limited or no support.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,