Re: gEDA-user: gschem with cairo rendering

On Sat, 03 May 2008 00:15:54 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> That's mostly due to text I'd expect, it seemed to be the major bottle
> neck in my testing.

Wouldn't this improve dramatically if gschem used some kind of real fonts
instead of drawing every letter with little lines? If this is the case,
we may just have to wait until cairo supports glyphs and font stuff.

> I think there is an option to turn text into boxes
> when panning, but I'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

Just tried the little box option with this line in my gschemrc:
	(fast-mousepan "enabled")
This does indeed speed up panning dramatically. However it is an ugly
hack and doesn't help with zoom.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak