Re: gEDA-user: gschem with cairo rendering

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 02:56:26PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> I don't know gEDA proper, but PCB is very far from "lowest common
> denominator".  Indeed that's a substantial part of why I'm building my
> own HID for it now: I neither have nor want GTK or Lesstif, so I'm
> building a plain X HID.

This is probably stupid, but there are a few HIDs I'd like to see for it
as well.  They certainly wouldn't be lowest common denominator though.

Who wants to make an IrisGL HID?  How about a PHIGS HID?  NeWS?
Between those we could support a lot of nice old hardware.  Who wouldn't
like to see PCB running on a Pixar Image Computer, or AIX workstation?
I think that PHIGS would even mean accelerated support for the ill fated
Sun ZX card.

In a little bit, maybe we could do an OpenGraphics HID, where the HID
interfaces directly with PCB specific verilog code.

Pardon me if these are too silly.  Where is my sledge hammer.  There is
a fly I need to kill buzzing around my office. ;)