Re: gEDA-user: gschem with cairo rendering

> It is getting quite frustrating to keep coding for the lowest common
> denominator,

I don't know gEDA proper, but PCB is very far from "lowest common
denominator".  Indeed that's a substantial part of why I'm building my
own HID for it now: I neither have nor want GTK or Lesstif, so I'm
building a plain X HID.

It's likely you actually mean "lowest common denominator that meets my
idea of a minimal reasonable configuration".  And there's nothing wrong
with that...provided you recognize that's what it really is, and
document what your idea of a "minimal reasonable configuration" is, for
the benefit of those whose idea of a m-r-c differs from yours.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx