Re: gEDA-user: gschem with cairo rendering

> I don't know gEDA proper, but PCB is very far from "lowest common
> denominator".

PCB also took the time to divorce the GUI from the core, allowing us
to implement various GUIs.  One goal was to support a native Win32
GUI, for example, rather than a Gtk port.  We also have a lot more
export/import issues, since we're more of a mechanical CAD program
than just a single-tasker, so there are more formats we need to be
compatible with.

So far, gschem hasn't chosen to follow this path.  Perhaps someday
that will change, allowing both a "new tech" GUI and a "compatbile"
GUI, but until then, they cover all bases through the LCD.