Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On May 10, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Chris Smith wrote:

> In this day and age, with the number and
> maturity of cross-platform GUI development libraries, there are no
> reasonable justifications I can think of for producing an application
> tied to a particular platform.

The thing to understand is that gEDA's unique component (gnetlist)
doesn't have a GUI at all. Its functions go far beyond netlisting: it
produces any data "view" into the schematics that you need. All you
need to do to customize it is a little Scheme programming.

Scheme is difficult? Oh, come on. It's just a stripped-down Lisp. Put
a little syntactic sugar on top of it, call it Logo, and you can
teach it to 8 year olds...

The cultural background here isn't really Linux: it's MIT EECS.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx