Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 11:43 +0100, Chris Smith wrote:
>> Stefan Salewski wrote:
>>> It's hard for me to imagine an engineer who can not install an OS, when
>> The issue is not their /ability/ to install, but whether they should be
>> /forced/ to install an OS.
>
> I am forced to read and write in english language to participate to this
> list ;-)

Maybe we can file a motion to switch the list to German or Klingon :-)

[...]

> Why not KiCAD? It IS available for Windows and Linux! And as Joerg told
> us it is fine.

Almost, but not quite there yet. It does multi-slot refdeses much better
than gschem but throws it into a tizzy upon annotation. Plus it has an
ugly drawing frame hardcoded in, for whatever reason. As for layout, I
can't speak to that because I do not do layouts but farm those out. When
looking at layouts using gEDA I thought it was pretty nice.

For myself I have decided, after some extensive testing, that I am going
to stick with Eagle for now. Except for lacking a hierarchy (IMHO a
serious flaw) it is nearly perfect. Cadsoft finally wrote they have it
on their list (yeehaw!) but low on the pecking order <shaking head>.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/