Re: gEDA-user: good books about footprint and land patterns

> That would be mighty hard to win, or even find a lawyer who'd do
> that on a contingency base.

Hence I added "caveat fair use".  If someone uses a usenet posting as
the basis for some Fine Art and tries to sell it on eBay for major
money, I think that would be a different situation than just, say,
news feeds propogating a post.

> No further? What good does a symbol or footprint do if it must
> eternally make its dwelling in the browser? Maybe you meant that it
> can also be installed in the person's gEDA libs and then be used.

The intent is that the author's license choice takes over once it
leaves the browser.  The gedasymbols license is just to avoid some
weird loopholes with the definition of "copying" wrt the process of
web browsing.  Yes, I wish I didn't have to do that, but that's
lawyers for you.

So, the license process goes:

author -> gedasymbols (to allow browsing)
author -> user (to allow use and/or redistribution)

Specifically, it does NOT go gedasymbols->user.  I don't want to be a
license middle-man.