Re: gEDA-user: font problem in 1.6.0

On May 11, 2010, at 5:15 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:

> As John can attest to.. the code does work on OS X, but there isn't
> anyone here who is a real expert as to what recipe you need to build the
> pieces outside of Fink.

The expert we have is Charles Lepple, the hero who creates the Fink packages for gEDA. But he stands on the shoulders of others who understand the vicissitudes of making the pieces we depend on work in the Fink world. That's what a package manager is really good for. Portability is never perfect, but the package systems allow us to exploit the understanding of experts on specific systems. And their feedback stems the otherwise inevitable decline of portability as the software evolves.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx