Re: gEDA-user: font problem in 1.6.0

On 5/11/10 10:14 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
Are you on 32bit / 64bit?

  64 on the x86 Mac and the SPARC, 32 on the G5.

I'm fairly sure there must be a recipe to get this working - possibly it
will involve switching between native OS X text handling support in
pango / cairo, to freetype + fontconfig.

I rebuilt pango v1.28.0 against the cairo installation that ships with OS X v10.6 X11, then it worked perfectly.

I don't know how that cairo was built, nor do I know what release it is. This is especially frustrating because I didn't even know cairo was included with 10.6; I just got this machine recently (Macbook Air, from my employer) and hadn't noticed that cairo was a part of the standard X install.

This does not bode well for my 10.4 machine (G5), which is my main workstation, as I'll have to actually compile cairo on there.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts on this, I'm up for helping you narrow it down.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL