Re: gEDA-user: Two simple questions. Hopefully...

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:18:28 -0600, Kipton Moravec wrote:

> Right now I can delete the one on the schematic and add it back and it
> is the new one. But I do not understand why it will not update.

Was the change related to an attribute?
Some attributes are propagated on placement. That is, they become a local
property of the instance in the schematics. For them the entry in the
symbol file is a default rather than a constant. If you change these
attributes in the symbol file, the update won't change the attribute on
the schematics. This includes the position and the font size of the
attribute.  IIRC the footprint and the refdes are such special
attributes. You can change them locally -- Select the symbol and type ee
to get open the attribute editor.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak