Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL resistor p0rn

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 10:59 +0100, Armin Faltl wrote:

> You might have a look at http://gts.sourceforge.net/ .

PCB already uses that for the topological auto-router ;)

I had  a thought in the back of my mind that it "might" also be useful
for rendering models, but I've not got that far yet. I've written a
parser for a subset of VRML (as used by KiCad), and am plodding along
trying to think what internal data-structures we will need to make it
all work.

I'm hoping to define the internal representation of the 3D models in
such a way that multiple import formats can utilise the same
data-structure, and that I will be able to port my hard-coded resistor
model to use it too.

(There is still some advantage in keeping some things like a generic
resistor model built-in, as it can work out the appropriate banding
without me having to duplicate hundreds of different models into the
library, but with different textures attached).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,