Re: gEDA-user: )(

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:58:52 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> As an older (code no longer in existence) example, perspective like this
> is not hard to achieve:
>
> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/gerbv_GL.png
>
> (That IIRC, is cairo-rendered onto a texture, then stretched onto a
> quad).

IMHO, this is cheating. 3D objects would at least need ray tracing to
look half way real. If there is an urge to push 3D output of pcb layouts,
it would be wise not to reinvent the wheels. I'd suggest an export in a
3D format and delegate rendering to a third party application like the
excellent blender.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak