Re: gEDA-user: PCB GL How to return to normal view

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 13:54 +0200, michalwd1979 wrote:
> In fact pins and vias really HAVE walls on my system. The problem is
> possibly my interpretation of the 3d projection and switching to far
> side view (TAB key).

Ah.. tab key (and other view modifiers) might produce some confusing
results! The GL rendering code is pretty ignorant of them at the moment
unfortunately.

> With normal view everything looks right: "far side" components and SMD
> pads are drawn far from other cooper layers. After TAB key, additional
> pads are drawn using pad color and they on the same level as far side
> silk screen. There are no walls between normal cooper layers and this
> far side pad and that why I was confused.

Ah - yes, I didn't extend the walls down to the back-side pads. I guess
this was a mistake on my part.

The difficulty is that the layer stack is something which is quite hard
to define. 3D Rendering of board which have the "solder" side as layer
2, then proceed with inner layers on 3, 4.. are a problem!

When we get the ability to keep layer colours in the PCB file, this
should be easily solved by allowing the user to re-order their layers
(for example).

Best wishes,

Peter C.