Re: gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help?using geda?

Well, in my daytime job we are using a tool which was written for Solaris, but
also runs under windows. We have just migrated from Solaris to windows, but
many of us still using Solaris. So what I want to say is that in a
professional environment you *must* learn everything, that includes the
environment too, which is something like 10% of all. So I think it is not an
issue. Simply, if someone does not want to learn, (s)he does not take *EDA
seriously.

I think there is nothing wrong with gEDA. Simply, if we have graphical
interfaces on the top of our scripts, makefiles, etc., there should be no
problem really. When I hit a button on my desktop at work, like forward
annotation, I see command prompt pops up, and perl scripts are run. The same
thinking what we have with gEDA! So no worries. What I miss from PCB is smart
wire, and bus moving, but it will come sooner or later.

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs