Re: gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Duncan Drennan wrote:

>> Schematic DRC checking is badly broken unless you are a real gEDA
>> wizard, and nearly useless unless you are doing pure digital design.
>> I don't understand why the gnetlist spew nags users to employ it.
>
> What exactly is "badly broken"? I've picked up errors and no connects
> by running DRCs, which is quite useful.

No connects aren't errors: real circuits have lots of them.

> There are one or two things
> that I don't understand why it moans (like errors on input/output
> connected to input or output pins).

And I can't find the real errors through the fog of non-errors. Its
whole model of input, output, power, etc. is really only applicable
if you're using a single digital technology and nothing else.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx