Re: gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

On Sep 13, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Duncan Drennan wrote:

>> No connects aren't errors: real circuits have lots of them.
>>
>> And I can't find the real errors through the fog of non-errors. Its
>> whole model of input, output, power, etc. is really only applicable
>> if you're using a single digital technology and nothing else.
>
> I've only really worked with PCAD and an old DOS version of ORCAD, but
> the output from them was pretty similar.
>
> What exactly do you expect it to do? What kind of errors do you want
> it to throw?

If I knew how to make it useful, I'd do so: gnetlist back ends aren't
hard. But to be useful, it'd have to read my mind. There's no way to
tell a good circuit from a bad one unless you understand what it's
supposed to *do*. And even then, it isn't a matter of simple
predicates...

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx