Re: gEDA-user: Color silk layers in pcb

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Rick Collins <gnuarm.2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own.  I use FreePCB and
> have requested, along with others, that we be able to designate layers as
> "documentation" such as assembly info, mechanical details, etc.  Is that
> what you are looking for or do you want these layers to be usable to produce
> the silk screen Gerber files?  I suppose once the layers are created, it
> would not be any extra effort to allow them to be used in the Gerber file.
>  Does PCB have the ability to combine multiple layers into a single Gerber
> file?

That would do the trick.
I just want to have more than two silk layers and be able to tell them
apart by color.
That would make it just so much easier to design a pcb that would fit
into a case,
and know where to cut holes in it at the same time.

By the way, is FreePCB related to gEDA pcb in any way?

Kind regards,
--
Pawel Kusmierski