Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

   On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM, DJ Delorie <[1]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     I suspect that in the main GUI you'd get a simplified set of
     options,
     like "add layers" or "remove layers" to switch from, say, 2-layer
     PCBs
      to 4-layer PCBs, etc.

   In Protel there is such a dialog.  Being able to move the Z-axsis of
   the layer is also needed in rare cases.
   The complete dialog shows the whole board stack-up.  Copper thickness,
   pre-preg thickness (insulating glop between the conductive layers).
   Colors, impedance's etc. are assigned at this point as well.  Also if
   this layer is considered a 'plane'.

      As for the color scheme, I suspect it will be plaid.

   With stripes.
   At work where we have a couple of different Protel Seats we can take
   the same board file, that contains the properties such as color, from
   one machine to an other.  What looks good color wise on one machine, is
   completely unusable on an other machine due to differences in monitors,
   video cards etc.