Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Jonathon Schrader
<jlschrad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  That is, a footprint (such as the battery mount mentioned previously) with a requirement not to place any parts > between the tabs, but traces are fine?

It would be good to be able to say "place no component thicker than X"
in this area.  Consider case clearances. "Why didn't you tell me you
drive a #6 bolt through the case to hold the board in place? It is not
on any of the prints!" :-(

In the battery case here, traces on the top layer would not be
allowed.  Sliding the battery in and out could wear away the solder
mask (which is not intended to by this type of isolator), exposing
battery terminal to bare copper.
Your point is still valid tho.