Re: gEDA-user: plugins (was: How can you help...)

   My suggestion is to first create an outline.  The first n sections
   should be in tutorial form, using a small example, and focusing on the
   main steps, beginning with installation of the tool(s), problem
   statement (going from schematic to board layout to what needs to
   shipped to a board house).  This section should contain a number of
   subsections (1-2 pages in length for each subsection) that is a
   susccinct description of the the task. Related, but not main stream
   topics can be forward referenced to another section later in the
   document.  For example, making a design from the built in libaraies
   would be in the first major section, with a forward pointer to a
   detailed section about how to make your own objects in libaries, and
   yet another subsection could deal with library management (concepts and
   approaches, perhaps with one example illustrated - for example,
   managing libraries on a personal workstation).
   So, the doc would have two sections:
   Section 1 - Main tutorial
   Each subsection in the tutorial would be listed in the outline, so one
   could read through the outline and see the steps involved in producing
   a board.
   Section 2 - Expanded topics referenced in the tutorial
   Each subsection in this section would address a specific topic
   referenced in Section 1.  Each subsection should be self contained, ie.
   how to create a symbols, how to manage symbol libraries, etc.
   Lots of screen shots should be in both sections as appropriate
   I would be happy to review the outline and the development, and provide
   feedback.
   -John

   On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak
   <[1]kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Abhijit Kshirsagar wrote:
   > Somehow missed this thread and replied on the other one... Count me
   > in for documentation. Please let me know what I can do.

     I still have to decide, where to start. An overview? A getting
     started?
     A HOWTO? A table of contents to be filled?

   > Some of the documentation I have written previously is here:
   > gEDA-Tutorials.pdf on
   > [2]https://sites.google.com/site/abhijit86k/linux/geda

     Nice.
     ---<)kaimartin(>---