Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

   Very good point!  and if I may add: ALL contained  in ONE place,
   sufficiently reviewed to make it 100% correct with the current version
   of the tool(s) it is intended to be use with (and stated in the
   document itself).

   From my experience, ONE person is accepted as the "book boss" and is
   responsible for organizing/coordinating the development/revisions of
   ALL user documentation.

   I also believe the book boss should have a "user" perspective, rather
   than a developer perspective for the user documentation.

   If developer documentation is to be (re)organized as well, the same
   oversight model should be used, and I think a developer should have
   coordination duties.

   Just my 0.02 (your favorite currency here...USD, pounds, Euros, etc...)

   -J

   On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Stefan Salewski <[1]mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 10:19 +0530, Abhijit Kshirsagar wrote:
   > On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 22:20, Dan Roganti <[2]ragooman@xxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:
   > > I wouldn't say wipeout, from looking at the current state of
   > >   documentation, there's been a huge amount of work done there. I
   would
   > >   suggest just making some additions and editing some parts to
   bring some
   > >   attention to all of the important features.
   >
   > +1. There's lots of good documentation, but there are things missing
   > and lots of details need to be added. I think it would be a very good
   > idea to have some collection of documents (or at least link to
   these).

   > I'm willing to help with the documentation since I do use gEDA
   > regularly (and i'm not much help with the programming).
   >
   > ~Abhijit

     What we really should consider:
     A lot of documentation can be bad.
     Consider the toys from the big company with the damaged fruit: A
     reason
     for the success of the toys is that documentations seems to be not
     needed.
     A lot of documentation can make people think that it is very
     complicated.
     For gEDA/PCB we have collected a lot of documentation over the years
     --
     some is obsolete/outdated/redundant now or covers details, which
     most