Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 10:19 +0530, Abhijit Kshirsagar wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 22:20, Dan Roganti <ragooman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I wouldn't say wipeout, from looking at the current state of
> >   documentation, there's been a huge amount of work done there. I would
> >   suggest just making some additions and editing some parts to bring some
> >   attention to all of the important features.
>
> +1. There's lots of good documentation, but there are things missing
> and lots of details need to be added. I think it would be a very good
> idea to have some collection of documents (or at least link to these).
>
> I'm willing to help with the documentation since I do use gEDA
> regularly (and i'm not much help with the programming).
>
> ~Abhijit

What we really should consider:
A lot of documentation can be bad.

Consider the toys from the big company with the damaged fruit: A reason
for the success of the toys is that documentations seems to be not
needed.

A lot of documentation can make people think that it is very
complicated.

For gEDA/PCB we have collected a lot of documentation over the years --
some is obsolete/outdated/redundant now or covers details, which most
people are not interested in -- at least not when starting with
gEDA/PCB.

Send to geda-user: Sat Sep 10 13:34:27 CEST 2011