Re: Help on Installing Independence

> Hi there again.
>
> I have installed RedHat 6.1 on one machine have managed to mount the
> relaxed ISO with the Independence files on it using the command
> 'mount -t vfat /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom'. I then proceeded to copy everything
> under /mnt/cdrom/Indy to /usr/Indy and then created the following symbolic
> links ln -s /usr/Indy /RedHat , ln -s /usr/Indy /indy, ln -s /usr/Indy /indy.
> /usr was hda5. I then rebooted the machine with the boot disk in drive a and
> started a hard disk installation and picked as the partition which had the
> Indy distribution hda5 and the installation started to proceed. It then went
> on in checking the available packages and came up with the following error:
> "Comps file is not version 0.1 as expected." Any subsequent trials to install
> were unsuccessful.
>
> So how can I proceed now? What is this error above?

The comps file is what lists 'components'.  When you ask for a
component like networking the install will look into this to know not
only the primary packages affected but also the software like the libc
who is needed by the primary ones and so on.

What is happenning is that you are using an installer (6.1) with a
differnet distribution so the foarmat of the comps file is not what is
expected by the parser (6.0).

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org