Re: Spam over Tor

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 10:31:01AM +0200, Lexi Pimenidis wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 03:39:02PM CEST, Michael Holstein wrote:
>
> Hej,
>
> > I don't see how this is any different than the "pwned" calls
>
> We also don't see any technical chance to stop this. However we just
> wanted to announce that at least the statement that there is no spam
> over Tor is history...

I disagree with that. There still has been no spam over Tor in the
scenario you described. Rather someone has logged into a system over
Tor and used _that_ system to send spam. I'm not saying Tor would not
have been used in any way by the person in this scenario. I am saying
that no spam was sent over Tor in what you described. You could also
claim by your logic to have shown that the statement that there is no
spam over HTTPS is history.

-Paul