Re: [pygame] Do we still need Python 2.3 support from Pygame?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Brian Fisher
<brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I actually see more point in supporting 2.3 than 2.4
>
> 2.4 was a pretty worthless release :)

I see no point in supporting older versions of
the Python language/interpter/vm/etc

Why ? It encourages lazy developers. Keep up boys :)
(And girls if there are any!). Not maintaining support
for Python 2.3 or 2.4 won't stop games that
were developed with an older version of pygame
and therefore an older version of pygame from
running - it will however force/encourage the
developer(s) in question to:

a) update their game!
b) update to the latest version of pygame and all it's new features,
fixesx and benefits.
c) update to the latest version of python and all it's greatness.

Backwards compatibility is stupid :) Look at the
x86 CPUs! Does anyone even care or need the
support of the Menomics that that old 8086
processors supproted ?

I say: Concentrate on Python 2.6/3.0
Forget 2.x < 2.5

cheers