Re: [pygame] Do we still need Python 2.3 support from Pygame?

hi,

It's about people using your programs -- not just about people making programs.

Using python 2.6 cuts out at least 3%*  of the people who can use your
program.  For some people this is important.

That's millions of computers, mostly older recycled computers.  So for
people who care about the environment, or about poor people, or your
grandparents -- then supporting older things is a good idea.

Anyway... we've heard good reasons from people who want to keep
supporting 2.3, and from Lenard who doesn't care about 2.3... so I
think we should leave 2.3 support code in there, and not worry about
it too much.

* according to different stats, including wc3 around 3% of computers
can't run python 2.6 -- because python developers removed support for
older OS's from their release.  It would now be almost *impossible* to
compile python 2.6 so it can run on older computers because they
removed the code.

ps.  x86 is one of the most popular VMs in the world - exactly because
of backwards compatibility.