Re: [pygame] Do we still need Python 2.3 support from Pygame?

On Dec 11, 2008, at 8:48 PM, Brian Fisher wrote:
[..]
...In fact, I think a reasonable thing for pygame to do is say you want support for 2.3? then here's an installer for 1.8.1, we kept it around just for you.

I think this is the right way to approach this. You need to use an old version of python, then use an old version of pygame. I couldn't care less if folks are lazy, what matters is that the pygame developers lives aren't complicated by supporting ancient versions of the interpreter. Removing complexity from the development process is a very good thing.

Opposition to requiring 2.6 has been voiced, and I'd have to agree that at this time there is little to be gained moving that far. Seems to me that making the next version of pygame require 2.5 is reasonable.

-Casey