Re: [pygame] New pygame.org website

On 23 Dec 2016 9:47 p.m., "Radomir Dopieralski" <pygame@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Let's first build the simplest possible thing, and we can refine it and
add bling if we have spare resources for that.

+1. I'm not against making a fancy front-end if people are willing to maintain it, but I'm a big fan of building something simple at first, and then adding features later.

As a side note, what are we going to do with the existing game list?
Are we going to import/migrate it to the new website?

I'm not sure. I think we'd transfer at least a few of the recent ones to seed the new list. We can go further back if someone wants to scrape it. I see it more as a way to showcase new games and tools rather than an archive, but other people may disagree.

I hope that the old site will remain accessible after the DNS changes at something like old.Pygame.org, for as long as that server stays up.