Re: [pygame] New pygame.org website

On 23 Dec 2016 10:49 p.m., "Luke Paireepinart" <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
 The advantage I see of requiring users to host at github in a separate repo vs allowing arbitrary hosting is that you do not have to worry about spam links nearly as much. Just ask user for the repo name and that's it. The script that processes the requests can then verify that the provided name is a valid github repo and that it meets the standard guidelines and pull the readme in automatically as well as the link.

I'm not particularly keen on requiring that the games be hosted on github, but if they add it to our listing with a github pull request, I don't think we'll have an issue with spam.

So has anyone started on any of this? is there some community controlled github that we could start with?  I'd be interested in contributing some effort to this.

Not yet, but I think I'll create a github org in the morning (Europe time). Writing from my phone now, about to sleep. Thanks for volunteering!

Anyone who's interested in contributing to this site, send me an email with your github username so I can add you to the org when I create it. :-)