Re: [pygame] using opengl in pygame?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> I had a look at Twisted a few years ago when thinking about what to use,
> but at least back then it was an undocumented mess. I still think the
> documentation is severely lacking. A Python library that has "use the
> source, Luke!" type of documentation isn't worth looking at. I also didn't
> like the way one had to go the full Twisted way and give it full control
> over the application loop, but that is hopefully just FUD nowadays.

The documentation has gotten much better over the years, and for game
purposes, you only need to know how to create simple new protocols which
is pretty well covered in the Client and Server HOWTOs. Also, you don't
need to give the control of the main loop to the Twisted reactor. The
reactor has a method called 'iterate' that does one pass in the reactor
and returns.

The StrikeOps net code hid the use of Twisted pretty well (IMHO). Maybe
someone still has the code for that one laying around.

--
Sami Hangaslammi