Game ideas so far. was Re: [pygame] Collaborative game in 8 weeks.

Just so we all know what people are talking about, let's describe what
we mean by these ideas.

* zelda style game.
- top-down scroller
- human controls one character, cpu controls multiple
- one player, or human controls one character, cpu controls multiple
- fights take place in rooms with walls and other obstacles
- Could be multi-player, internet, all humans are "good guys", all cpus are "bad
guys"

* PvP Command and Conquer style
- top-down scroller
- human controls squad of characters
- 2 player, internet
- different characters can have different kinds of guns
- multiple maps with different objectives (cap the flag, protect the
hostage, etc) on each map
- counterstrike in 2d c&c style view.

* a "heroes of m&m" type game. - http://www.lokigames.com/products/heroes3/_img/shots/h3_shot5.jpg
- strategy, rpg.

* Nethack style
- top-down scroller
- human controls one character, cpu ..?
- one player
- character has inventory

* Commander Keen style
- platform scroller
- human controls one character, cpu controls multiple characters &
obstacles
- one player
- primary attack is projectile
- power-ups for jumping, health, powerful shots

* Mario style
- platform scroller
- human controls one character, cpu controls multiple characters &
obstacles
- there are around 4 or 5 jumping/ducking/etc puzzles per level
- multiple paths to finish a level
- primary attack is melee
- hidden areas & powerups are found by exploring

* Racing game
- mario kart style.
- split screen multiplayer.
- race around a track in a small car, pseudo 3d.

* Massively multiplayer pixel game.
- each player is a pixel.
- 5000-50000 players get together to form things.

I'm going to do an email poll later. I was wondering what questions would be useful?

Which game type do you want to make?
Please choose from the list given.

Approximately how many hours per week do you want to spend on the game?

Those will be the questions I think. Please add any game ideas to this list which you would like voted on.