Re: [pygame] 3D SHMUP

Ian Mallett wrote:
you're an airplane, flying over a complex 3D landscape. each tiny section of the landscape has a height, stored in a 2D array. If the airplane's height is less then the landscape's height at the appropriate point, KABOOM, or "Houston, we have landed.".

If you can approximate your 3D object by a point, as you're
doing here, and you only want to test it against a height
field, things certainly get a lot simpler, and you don't
really need anything fancy at all.

  >  If you're interested in writing a
  >  collision engine, Python probably isn't the language of choice.

But I love Python...

You still get to do the fun parts in Python. Writing code
to detect collisions between arbitrary polyhedra in 3D is
not fun, it's just tedious. I know, because I've done it.

--
Greg