Re: [pygame] Tutorial... GUI

Marcus

"This makes both types unusable for the description of graphical elements"

    I am a little confused, did you already have it set up for ATK/AT-SPI? Or it works with them, but not yet for windows?

    I can read one button that is labeled. The graphic symbols used for buttons either are standard icons which have numbers, or the screen reader just makes a copy of the image and numbers it. So when passing over the button it will cross-reference it and give it the name it has for that graphic symbol. But still does not explain why when having 2 buttons on the same line it sees one, but not the other. Yet at the end it sees the 3 min, max, and close symbols. Now, the title bar and all of the stuff are on the same line, including the 2 buttons, which is not right; button, title, min, max, close.

        Bruce

I should have been more specific on that: The only screen readers I know
for Windows use the MSAA system to provide information about the
controls of a program. The same applies to the currently available ones
for Linux/Unix (Orca and Gnopernicus). Those rely on ATK/AT-SPI
accessibility system.

This makes both types unusable for the description of graphical elements
(in case those do not expose one of those interfaces, MSAA or
ATK/AT-SPI).

Regards
Marcus