Re: gEDA-user: a pcb level panelizer tool

I'm going to nip this thread right now before it gets out of control.

[snip]
Rick Collins <erudite999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Ok, I didn't realize that the philosophy of open source was to
>exclude everyone who doesn't think like you.  I'll look elsewhere to
>see if I can find open source tools with supporters who are a bit
>more open minded.

	I think it is pretty fair to say that with that last statement,
you have burned bridges to get future cooperation from the developers
here (PeterC is more than just a supporter, he is a core developer).
No, I don't speak for all the developers here, but proclamations like
that are counter productive and are really not welcome on this list.

	The developers working on this project (whether it is PCB,
gerbv, gaf, etc...) are here by their own accord and do _not_ have to
agree with or do _anything_ anybody says or suggests.  We are not here
to serve you or anybody else for that matter.

	Open source/free software is all about first helping yourself,
or diplomatically convincing a developer of what you need/want, or
paying somebody to implement what you need.  It is really not in your
best interests to call anybody, especially somebody who might be able
to help you in the future, "close-minded".

*plonk*

								-Ales

PS. I've tolerated it until now (threshold reached), but please stop
posting HTML to this list.  Please post plain text only messages to the
geda-* mailing list.  Yes, this policy is described here for all the
geda-* lists:

* Do NOT send messages to any gEDA list in HTML. Plain text only please!

Ales Hvezda
ahvezda AT seul.org
http://geda.seul.org/