Re: gEDA-user: terminators

The simulated annealing or however it's called sometimes
> produces awful placements (and I had less than 1% of the chip
> used, an XC3S200A-FT256). Floorplanning can help a lot
> in these cases.
>
> 	Gabriel

I would refrain from floorplanning on small designs.  Are you using a constraints file?
You just need to set the constraints properly - it usually works pretty good.  The trick is
writing good constraints.  ISE will tell you if it exceeds your constraints.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can tell the synthesis tools and PAR tool that you want to use
IOB flip-flops.  Personally, I don't like to write verilog code with manufacturer specific
constructs - it's not portable.