Re: gEDA-user: RFC using SVG with semantic markup as an EDA format

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 12:37 -0700, Larry Doolittle wrote:

> Surely you can convert SVG to EPS, which TeX/LaTeX happily embed.
>
> Looks like UniConvertor/sK1 is the usual Free tool to script that
> conversion.  Would it make any sense to leverage that software base,
> and add Gerber or native gEDA/PCB to its list of import and export filters?
>
> http://sk1project.org/modules.php?name=Products&product=uniconvertor

I use pdfLaTeX with LyX almost exclusively now, so my workflow is
Inkscape -> PDF -> LyX -> pdfLaTeX.

I've come across sK1 and UniConverter before. I tried to use it to
generate EMF files for pasting into OpenOffice (from gschem's
clipboard). I can't recall what it failed to convert properly, but it
was "something" ;).

Each converter I tried to get into OpenOffice messed "something" up.
Usually it was related to text handling.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,