Re: gEDA-user: RFC using SVG with semantic markup as an EDA format

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 03:52 +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Steven Michalske wrote:
>
> >> Microsoft and Apple do not like
> >>

> > Safari has supported SVG for a while now?  Why doesn't apple like SVG?
>
> Sorry, I got confused by Apples dislike of flash.

OT: Now there is a POV I can get behind ;) Flash makes my life a little
less awesome every time it sucks the life out of one of my CPU cores, or
crashes my web browser.

In a vague effort to get this back on topic..

If you are every profiling gEDA or PCB for me, please ensure flash is
not running (no background CPU sucking processes) before reporting
results ;)

I'm not sure how I like Apple's action on the issue. I doubt it was made
for totally A-political reasons, and it sucks in terms of user freedom
to choose what bloat-ware they wish to install. Still - I think in a way
they will have given HTML5 a big boost by their actions.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,