Re: gEDA-user: Halp! PCB crashing on my design

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Interesting. I believe that this grouping came from the default
>> generated by gsch2pcb that 'ships' with the 20080202 rpm from fedora.
>
> In my tutorials, I have the user create a blank board first, then use
> gsch2pcb *only* to add elements and update the netlist.

Aha - now I see the price paid for following the wrong tutorial. I
started with this one:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial

Now that you mention it, I do recall some discussion on the list a while
back about the problems with using the defaults created by gsch2pcb. Any
particular reason why that hasn't been corrected?

>> Can I fix it simply by editing the 'Groups' block in the .pcb file?
>
> Yes.

Thanks - I've made that change. Just out of curiosity, what's the impact
of the incorrect grouping?

Eric