Re: gEDA-user: discussion on what busses *mean*

On Aug 15, 2010, at 4:15 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

> I called it "bus pin" meaning a pin that connects to a bus, vs a pin
> that connects to a net, in gschem.  I mean, we already have two
> fundamental connection types in gschem - nets and busses.  Why don't
> we have two pin types that correspond?

But in Paul's approach, every connection is a bus. There's no separate "net" concept, just the possibility of single conductor* busses. Eliminating unnecessary distinctions is a good thing. So there is no need for two kinds of pins, either. But at the graphical level, of course, one would like to draw distinctions (often more than two). So it would be good to have adjustable styles (at least color and width) for both busses and pins.

* "Conductor" is of course too specific here, given that we have users that design hydraulics with gschem.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx