Re: gEDA-user: discussion on what busses *mean*

> Thanks.  The chip design tools don't worry with making busses look
> any different unless added by the user just for looks.  For them,
> the different label does it all.  But they done' have that
> additional constraint of a package.

Right, with verilog "signal" is more abstract - one signal can be a
single wire, another signal can be a 48-bit numeric value.  In pcb
layout, we have to stick with what the laws of physics allow, which
means multi-physical-connection "things" have to be explicit and
distinct.

> I guess bus pin is workable terminology.   Bus port for a name
> might cause less head aching.

I called it "bus pin" meaning a pin that connects to a bus, vs a pin
that connects to a net, in gschem.  I mean, we already have two
fundamental connection types in gschem - nets and busses.  Why don't
we have two pin types that correspond?