Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

Levente Kovacs <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> So don't regret it, it is getting common.

I wish it weren't so common.  Such wars are a pointless waste of time
and serve only to drive valuable contributors away.  Soon, the only
people "working" on gEDA/PCB will be those who enjoy complaining, as
there will be nobody left willing to wade through the bitter arguments
and actually write code.

So let me make this perfectly clear - if you're not willing to write
code, your complaints about how others write code will fall on deaf
ears.  As far as I know, those of us who DO write code, do it for purely
selfish reasons - we benefit from our own work.  We've said this before,
it should be no surprize to anyone.

OTOH if you have suggestions on how to make gEDA/PCB better - easier to
use, more functional, etc - feel free to voice them.  If you can back
them up with a solid design and usability models, that's even better.
Discussions about the details and caveats are to be expected!

But as soon as the discussion degrades into yet another bikeshedding,
the instigators of said bikeshedding have lost all credibility with me.

New users - ask your questions without regret.  There are no bad
questions.  Harvest the answers that are useful and ignore the crap.