Re: gEDA-user: pick and place ?plugin?footprints.c? for gerbv

Steve Meier wrote:
> I am a little confused here. Are we discussing taking a gerber file and
> using it to generate the component location/rotations for a pick and
> place machine?
>
> If we are wouldn't it be a lot easier to use the pcb file to generate
> the file?
Yes.  Lil Brother LLC's James Long says many of his low volume customers
won't have a decent XY PnP file, so he wants a tools to deal with that
and keep going forward, and just charging some for it.

There's a for sale software available for this business market niche that charges
$8500 for such a program.

John

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1