Re: gEDA-user: pick and place ?plugin?footprints.c? for

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > do square pads work correctly?
>
>  Ok, *that* doesn't work.  Make them slightly rectangular.  The HID
>  code has a hook for when we keep track of the angle separately.

Thought about that one...., have the code stretch it before rotating
if the pad is not round.

We would have to rework all of the exposed pads and friends to make it work.

>  > >  In the future, we could add a Pick(X Y) attribute (defaults to Mark),
>  >
>  > defaulting to make would probably break the current method of making
>  > it the centroid.
>
>  We could default to centroid, then.
>

>  > Perhaps Pick(X1,Y1,X2,Y2)  where this is a unit length vector that
>  > points to the 0 degree mark.
>
>  Or Pick(X1,Y1,0) and maintain the angle in the last one.

That was my first thought, I thought having the line would be more
flexible and more precise, floating point rounding errors and the
like.
Although, with the storing your talking about, when we output the
drawing we could go back to the base footprint and translate once.