Re: gEDA-user: Spice netlister

Dan McMahill wrote:
> John Doty wrote:
>
>>> LVS is one of _layout_ verification methods. Others are DRC (often
>>> separated into several checks: antenna, density etc), ERC, LVL (GDS
>>> compare).
>> I don't know what open source tools exist here. It would be
>> interesting to investigate incorporating them into a gEDA flow.
>
> There is a netlist vs netlist compare tool that I started to look at.
> netcmp maybe?  It might have been part of magic.  It is probably in the
> archives for this list.
>
> Such a netlist vs netlist tool could actually be pretty darn useful in
> doing forward/backward annotation between a board layout and schematic.
>   My vague memory is that the open source netlist compare tools either
> weren't open source or that they had some real limitations, but my
> memory of this is vague at best.
>
> -Dan

perhaps I should have googled before replying.

http://opencircuitdesign.com/netgen/index.html

I haven't tried it, but it looks like some work has been done to it
recently.  It would probably be good to teach it to deal with a better
netlist format than "spice" though.  Surely that is a detail that isn't
too hard.

-Dan