Re: gEDA-user: german article in the linux magazin online now

I have a couple of farthings to toss out.

The big fish in the eda pond isn't Eagle and it certainly isn't KiCAD.

It is ORCAD and Mentor Graphics. GEDA developers should be aware that
there are other fish out there but they/we should focus on our
strengths.

Yes geda is flexible and with each iteration more so. This is a strength
that allows power users to warp the gui and the internal geda
interoperability.

As Peter said you don't like the key bindings then change them. As DJ et
al have allowed if you don't like the pcb gui then write another hid.
But a documented best/uniform interface practice manual might be worth
while as long as flexibility isn't lost.

Back to that big fish... I can think of three key ways to hook its users
they are interoperability, interoperability and interoperability. To get
a real toe hold, become the go to free (beer and speech) tool for
converting from Orcad to KiCAD or Eagle. Then everybody in the free
software world will have to install geda.

Steve Meier