Re: gEDA-user: gEDA "portability problems"

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 18:19 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    I did have exactly those problems.  I spent most of an afternoon
> digging through all of that, though, and I'm confident that I've
> gotten them resolved.  The latest GTK (and friends) are compiled and
> installed, but anything that uses them dies with a bus error (even
> gtk-demo) which I've not been able to track down.  I've forgotten the
> details (a busy two weeks have gone by since then) but it was
> something to do with threading.
>
>    Oh, and also, just to be clear...I'm running "production" Solaris
> 10, not OpenSolaris.

How about compilers.. (used for each library).

Someone on #geda suggested that there are compatibility problems between
sun studio and gcc.

GLib might be the root of your threading problems.. any idea if its
using the "pthread" or "thread" library?

Does glib's test-suite pass?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,