Re: gEDA-user: multiple attributes

On Jan 5, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Stephan Boettcher wrote:

> John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Jan 5, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Stephan Boettcher wrote:
>>

>>> Is this too verbose?
>>>
>>> M? #{pinlabel=D} #{pinlabel=G} #{pinlabel=S} #{pinlabel=S} ${model-name} L={length} W={width} AS= AD= PS= PD= M=
>>
>> Yes, I think it is. Also note that we've for many years had l=, w=,
>> m=, etc. as special attributes in both SPICE back ends. Unfortunately,
>> it isn't documented, and the case sensitivity always trips me up (as
>> it did above).
>
> Well, the {} syntax may be optional
>
> W=  defaults to W={W}
> #D  defaults to #{pinlabel=D}

At the very least, we also want to be able to use pin numbers. Pin labels are potentially ambiguous, especially for slotted components. But if we could use pin numbers, we could make SPICE netlists with slotted components. I recently asserted this was impossible, but I have been known to be wrong ;-)

---

This message contains technical discussion involving difficult issues. No personal disrespect or malice is intended. If you perceive such, your perception is simply wrong. I'm a busy person, and in my business "go along to get along" causes mission failures and sometimes kills people, so I tend to be a bit blunt.