Re: gEDA-user: Fluky Fluky layout printing problem!

   How did you doe his? With the accel key [k] ?
   I changed the clearance and mask values of the pad statements in the
   footprint file and re-named the file which is in my gaf/pcb-elements
   folder.  I then followed DJ's suggestion copied below:
   Orange means a short circuit.  An easier way to update if you're using
   the importer, is to View->Displayed Element Name->Description and
   change it, then re-import.  It will replace the footprint while
   retaining all the other information and position.

   On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak <[1]kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   Rob Butts wrote:
   > I changed the clearance and mask size of a foot print in a design.

     How did you doe his? With the accel key [k] ?

   > I saved
   > the file.  I then did View->Displayed element name->Discription.  I
   then did
   > Edit->Edit name of->text on layout and changed the name of the foot
   print
   > file to the new file.  I then saved the layout in PCB, exited PCB,
   restarted
   > PCB and loaded the board again.  I exported gerbers and the solder
   mask has
   > not changed.

     Sounds like you assumed footprints in pcb work similar to symbols in
     pcb.
     By default, symbols are loaded from the lib on start-up of gschem.
     If symbols
     change in the lib they change in the circuit, too. Footprints in PCB
     are a
     different beast. They are instatianted by gsch2pcb. The layout
     itself has no
     connection to the library.

   > Am I changing the footprint correctly?

     Did you see the mask grow or shrink when the solder mask layer is
     switched on?
     ---<)kaimartin(>---
     --
     Kai-Martin Knaak