Re: gEDA-user: Fluky Fluky layout printing problem!

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 22:01 -0500, Rob Butts wrote:
> How did you doe his? With the accel key [k] ?

If you wish to edit the mask clearance from _within_ PCB, you need to
have the solder mask layer visible first.

k and shift+k should modify it for a given pin / via.

This will save in the layout file, not the footprint, and needs to be
adjusted for each pad you want to change, in each instance of the
footprint.

What DJ suggested was that you edit your footprint file directly I
believe. I don't know why you need to rename the file (other than for a
backup)

Once you've edited the file, you need to cause it to be replaced on the
board. Without knowing what workflow you're using (xgsch2pcb /
gsch2pcb / Import from within PCB), I don't know what the best way to
suggest is.

I would say that assuming the placement isn't critical, the easiest way
is to delete the existing footprint (the one you want to change) from
the board, save, then re-run gsch2pcb or whatever import process you
use.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,